Tuesday, June 30, 2009

still


"Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10


i am the parent of a two year old. being still is not in my vocabulary. yet, God is teaching me, that in stillness, he speaks. in quiet times of desperation, is when i usually listen. i am learning to listen when there is a ruckus surrounding me, as that is when i need His voice most to guide me.
as i look at the photo of me and james,holding whitneys hand, i remind myself, just as whitney is my child - i am a child of GOD! just as james and i hold her hands, God holds ours! we may squirm, we may pull away to run free. but when we walk in his stillness, with our hands in his, we are protected, we are guided, and conversations with him are at ease. being still to me does not mean no movement, it means waiting for the right movement-the move God provides, the bridge he decides to take us over.

No comments: