Monday, June 29, 2009

light

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
Psalm 119:105

it is so difficult walking anywhere in the dark, much less a path. with rugged terrain below my feet, i have been walking in the dark. i have fallen, i have stumbled, i have used my hands to guide me only to get lost deeper in the woods. i am bruised and wounded from my falls. i am using this time in my life to use the light of the Lord to guide me back to safety. i am trusting in his plan for this journey with every small step taken. the noises in the woods startle me for i don't know what they are. but i know that i am in the safety of His steps for my life and the lives of my family. He has equipped me with the proper hiking gear for my protection, should i choose to use it. i will walk carefully and attentively, in his footsteps. I will pray for protection from the animals lurking in the woods waiting to attack.