Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Rest

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:8-10


i dance in my weakness for this is when i run to my Lord, my God. situations arise that i do not know how to handle. i am broken, and wounded, but because of these things, i know my God is my strength. His power rests on me and i accept that i can not do it alone. with out Him, i would fail terribly-with every step He is leading me and showing me where to go next. i rest my head on His shoulder, waiting for His whisper. i rest in His lap waiting for the next landing. i rest in His arms as he tenderly embraces me. i rest in the assurance that He is with me every step of my journey, as i grow tired, i rest on Him.

No comments: