Tuesday, November 10, 2009

forgiveness

Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.


I wish that you could see me now
I wish that I could show you how
I'm not who I was

I used to be mad at you
a little on the hurt side too
But I'm not who I was.

I found my way around
to forgiving you
Some time ago
But I never got to tell you so


I found us in a photograph
I saw me and I had to laugh
You know, I'm not who I was

You were there, You were right above me
And I wonder if you ever loved me
Just for who I was.


When the pain came back again
Like a bitter friend
It was all I could do
To keep myself from blaming you


I reckon its a funny thing.
I figured out I could sing
Now I'm not who I was

I write about Love and such
maybe cause I want it so much
I'm not who I was.


I was thinking maybe I
Could let you know
I am not the same
But I never did forget your name.

Hello


Well the thing I find most amazing
In amazing grace
Is the chance to give it out
Maybe that's what love is all about


I wish that you could see me now
I wish that I could show you how
I'm not who I was.
-Brandon Heath




how amazing are these lyrics?!?...i recently forgave someone-for something big and hurtful. and i feel good...like i could have written this song. i felt so much anger from their actions and through Gods Grace, and His strength, i have been able to forgive them, really forgive, in my heart forgive. it is amazing! and to think, HE does this for us constantly! big. real big!


forgiveness. i have been forgiven, and now i really understand the depth of forgiveness. i have been blessed during my life to be surrounded by those whom care for others. i have never held anger, i haven't felt rage for another, until this past year. i felt it, i held it...and the devil thrived in my life with that anger. it felt right...but i knew in my heart it wasn't.


knowing i must be "Christ" like, and since i was formed in his image, i have tried to show the fruit of the spirit...that didn't work. it wasn't until i really gave it up. until i let God have it. until i really didn't want the devil to win my life. until the devils anger became Gods grace....that the Fruit of the Spirit was there. I didn't have to try. God gave me the ability to use these, and boy oh boy its like Christmas morning! i wanted desperately to show HIS love to the one that i was hurt by, i wanted desperately for it to be real and BIG. what was i thinking? HE IS REAL! HE IS BIG! HE IS REAL BIG! but it wasn't until HE was ready for me to learn and see the magnitude of forgiveness: the love it takes to love someone regardless of their actions, the joy it gives to show someone love for no reason, the peace it takes to bear their burdon, the patience in watching and waiting for answers, the goodness to see the blessing in what may have happened, the faithfulness to one another, the gentleness in your words and gentleness in your actions to handle the situation with grace and be Christ-like, and the self-control to willingly do all of the above.


22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other. Galations 5:22-26


i heard "i'm not who i was" one morning, and it has played in my head for many many months. look what that one song sparked...God is Good, and He works in strange and amazing ways. PRAISE THE LORD!


Thank you Lord for using Brandon Heath to speak your will.AMEN!




No comments: